Saturday, October 19, 2013

Apples and Pumpkins


Apple Garland
 Can I take a minute to say how much I love the DollarTree? Seriously, they have tons of craft stuff for cheap. If I swore, I would swear by this store! And don't just frequent one store, stop by different DollarTree locations. Every store carries a little different variety. Oh and the Target dollar section is great too!

For example, I wanted to make an apple garland but didn't have the time to trace and cut out the apples. Browsing in DollarTree, I came across these cute foam apples. PERFECT! I simply punched two holes close together and had W help me string them. He thought it was awesome!

And then there is the whole "it's halloween/fall and I must decorate a pumpkin" thing. Sharp objects and large produce items do not mix well with small children. So, I came up with my own little alternative. Here's how we decorated pumpkins.
  • Foam pumpkins from the DollarTree
  • A variety of shapes cut from black construction paper
  • Glue sticks
  • Squares of construction paper
The pumpkins actually had faces printed on one side so I just glued that side to the construction paper and no one ever knew!  I made a sample and then let the kids do the rest. I loved the results! Can you find the pumpkin with the mustache?
Both E and W were super into this craft. W is 3 and wanted to do all the pumpkins!
The sample

Pumpkin heads

2 comments:

  1. I buy a LOT of stuff for my toddler Sunday school at the Dollar Tree. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I use lots of random Dollar Tree finds!

      Delete