Monday, September 30, 2013

ballet bun win

Ballet at 4pm means perfectly timing picking up E from the bus stop, having her eat snack in the car, dressing her in a small bathroom while trying to keep W out of the way, and if there is time doing reading homework in the 5 minutes we might have before class begins.
I have never done ballet so I know very little about it...only what my dancer friends have told me. But the ballet bun is apparently a big deal.
Last week I had everything planned out and packed including all the supplies for the ballet bun...and I forgot everything at home. I felt like the biggest moron. Thankfully, she is in a beginner class and they said it was okay for her to dance this time in her leggings. NANNY FAIL.
But this week, I made up for it. There wasn't any traffic or construction to hold us up and we arrived 15 minutes early. After dressing E, I attempted my first ever ballet bun. One of the head ballerina's showed me how to do it the first week and somehow I remembered.
Considering how much certain little girls (ahem, E) complains when their hair is being brushed or how much they might have fidgeted and twisted and turned, I was pleasantly surprised with the results.
Ballet bun success formula
One high tight ponytail+a little twist around with the hair+another ponytail+cute hair net thing+ tons of bobby pins = a happy teacher, an impressed momma, a proud nanny, and an oblivious little ballerina

No comments:

Post a Comment