Friday, September 6, 2013

campfire trail mix

In the midst of finishing lunch, pre dinner prep, potty trips, packing a toy/activity bag and ballet bag, and trying to arrive at the bus stop on time, somehow I remembered snack.

After a full day of school and swim practice last night, I knew E would need a decent snack. Because we were out of bread and bagels, my usual fallback, a pb or a strawberry cream cheese sandwich, were not options.

The say necessity is the mother of invention. Today, campfire trail mix was born, so I would have to agree.

Pretzel sticks, mini marshmallows, teddy grahams, and a few peanuts (gotta have protein!) were thrown together in a snack bag.

"Sooo....what's for snack?" E wanted to know as soon as she hopped and flopped her way into the car. Instead of saying "we had a little bit of a lot of things and I threw them together along with the kitchen sink," I told her we were having campfire trail mix.

You know it's a successful snack when both W and E stick marshmallows onto pretzel sticks and decide they are roasting marshmallows for s'mores!

Somehow, both kids finished their snack during the car ride to ballet and I managed to get Ella dressed and ready for class on time.  

WHEW! Today was Ella's first day at a new ballet school and it was my very first day of ballet ever. Only thing I messed up was hair. Now to Google a YouTube how-to video on the ballet bun, complete with hairnet and bobby pins.

1 comment:

  1. Love her little leotard - that's so cute! This is a GREAT snack idea! I think a camp party would be so fun, and this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete